OUTDOOR LEARNING AREAS
OUTDOOR SPACES FOR FUTURE FOCUSSED LEARNING
A Play space isn’t just about play, it’s about playful learning. Our inspired design team is listening to what many forward thinking educators are saying about Future Focused Learning Spaces. While this is very much a growing idea, it is gaining a lot of momentum in recent years. Urban Landscape Projects can incorporate your ideas around this theme into your out door learning space to make them work for you. Our future focused learning spaces get classes outdoors to connect with real life experiences and learning opportunities.
Waterhole, Campfire, Life OR Cave
Let us know how you’d like us to design your ‘Waterhole’, ‘Campfire’,
We are not educators, and our understanding and appreciation of the teaching process is constantly evolving, but through years of learning through collaboration we are excited by the possibilities of combining what we can create with what Project Based Learning can provide.
“Future-focused learning environments inspire students to be leaders of their own learning. Students collaborate and use critical and creative thinking to solve complex problems and become mindful global citizens.”
SUSTAINABLE LEARNING AREA (S.L.A)
An SLA turns an outdoor classroom into a Sustainability focussed, interactive outdoor learning area, or “Sustainable Learning Area”; full of S.T.E.M. teaching aids and endless learning opportunities!
- Creates break out spaces for a whole class, small group and individual learning spaces out in the fresh air.
- Learn through doing with hands on learning opportunities.
- Connects with Sustainability as a cross curricular priority in the syllabus.
- Allows for interdisciplinary learning by displaying a link between subjects.
- Provide tools for learning – Stingless bee hive, nest boxes, rain gauges, scales, etc.
- Creates much needed urban habitat for Native species, beneficial insects and pollinators